Inspired by Wednesday's walk I set up my desk and made some art;
I picked out the fern leaf as an interesting motif to work from, and started with some inky drawings;

I then began to work with a colour story I hadn't used before;
Black
White
Gold

After making the inky drawings I progressed on to printing with fern leaves and using them as stencils.
I also introduced a triangle stamp, I liked the contrast of the geometric shape with the natural form of the fern leaf. It was also a nice way link in the colour story with block colour.
Finally I experimented with pattern making. I used really basic techniques/media which made for a scruffy/rustic look which I think works well.










Beautiful! Love the inky drawings!
ReplyDeleteYour blog is lovely by the way, followed!
shabna x x
http://scheine.co.uk
Ah thank you
ReplyDeleteSo is yours! Just followed :)
Lauren xx