Wednesday, 20 June 2012

What to do when you loose inspiration with your sketchbook...

I approached this project a little differently from previous ones, for the first time I didn't have one big chunky sketchbook I had a number of books; 14 in the end (yes 14 books for one 10 week project I was proud!)
 I'd often felt a lack of inspiration, and daunted by the wad of white pages in a new sketchbook. So I divided the sections of the project into different books; a research book, drawing books, a collage book, mono print book etc.  
This new way of looking at my project actually inspired me to try more things. I also felt a greater sense of achievement as I was completing a few books a week. Plus I had fun making the books, this book here was the first I made, its a kind of look book/ moodboard in book form/ collection of ideas type thing! Based on ration books.
I used watercolour paper, and a mix of reclaimed fabrics, text,stitch,lace,photocopies from my grandparents ration books and sketches of veg. 








No comments :

Post a Comment