One of the mini projects on foundation was called "50 Drawings" we were given fifty phrases all about colour such as;
- Blue movie
- Black as night
- Green with envy
- Yellow belly
- Seeing red
- Purple Prose
- White hot
- Silver screen
There were more inspiring phrases and proverbs but these were what I could remember. The idea of the project was to explore colour, use an imaginative variety of techniques/mediums. (pencils were banned!) and come up with creative subjects.
Fifty large drawings seemed quite daunting, looking back I wish I'd been less worried and more free with my approach to the task. In the end I was pleased with a number of the drawings, I learnt new things about mark making and enjoyed experimenting with a huge variety of drawing materials.
Snowdrop White
Blood Red
Blue Monday
Blue Bottle
No comments :
Post a Comment