On foundation I had the project brief "holes". I decided to research black holes and space. As a Star Trek fan I enjoyed getting my "Geek on" and delving into science. Reminiscing my visit to NASA in 2004, and with The Big Bang Theory on in the background I researched all sorts of photography from space and scientific Therese.
Then I used a giant household paintbrush, my best small paintbrush, lots of water, drawing inks and food dyes to create these drawings inspired by space photography from my National Geographic magazines.
I was really pleased with the results and excited by the fact that paintings like these would translate well into textiles through a number of techniques.
I thoroughly enjoyed this project, and at the time cosmic patterns, and space age designs were trending in the fashion world so I had lots to be inspired by. Maybe this is a theme I can come back to in the future...
No comments :
Post a Comment