Tuesday, 9 October 2012

The National Museum of Wales

During my first week at uni we spent the day drawing at the National Museum of Wales. We had a list of drawing tasks as follows;

Create a negative space drawing of a chair with a pencil and rubber.

  Draw an item from the ceramics display to practise perfecting ellipses.

Draw a landscape from a painting, use pencil and draw only in shades to create tone and depth.

Blind Contour Drawing. Using a pencil draw a statue but without looking at the paper, so only looking at the statue throughout.



I really enjoyed the day and the variety of drawing techniques kept it interesting. Trying to get ellipses accurate was a challenge, but I felt I had really improved as a result of the exercise. It was a good way to begin the course and start filling my sketchbook with evidence of varied studies in drawing.     

No comments :

Post a Comment